Int`l Siogren`s Network conference (Kyoto, Japan)

Berichte über vergangene Treffen und Neuigkeiten
Antworten
Brigitta
Administrator
Administrator
Int`l Siogren`s Network conference (Kyoto, Japan)

Beitrag von Brigitta »

We’d like to announce the next ISN conference, which will take place during the 12th International Symposium of Sjögren’s Syndrome. http://www.12isss.com/

This will be a great opportunity to meet and connect with patients’ associations around the world. We can also use this opportunity to share information concerning activities of the patient group in each country, discuss issues patient associations face, and help each other to bring awareness. If there are particular topics you would like to address during the INS conference, please contact us. We will include it in the agenda. We also welcome any news and comments from those who cannot attend this time.

ISN Conference:

Date:October 10, 2013 (Thursday)

Time: 13:00 ~

Place: Shinrankaikan Yamauchi Hall

Accommodation for ISN Participants:

Shinrankaikan Hotel is available for participants of the ISN conference. http://www.shirankai.or.jp/e/facilities ... index.html

The cost is 6,800 yen per night (meals not provided). Please let us know if you would like to reserve a room at Shinrankaikan Hotel. Please note that the symposium will be held at a different location, Hotel Okura. Shinrankaikan Hotel is located about 1.7km north of Hotel Okura, and there will be a transportation available between Hotel Okura and Shinrankaikan.

Symposium:

The symposium will be held from October 9th to 12th. If you also plan to attend the symposium, there will be a discounted fee offered to those patients attending the ISN conference. The patient discount will be about the same with the student discount. This will give you an access to the symposium and the opening ceremony. There is also a sightseeing event planned by the Symposium, and you may attend the event at your own expense. You may not be able to attend the event held by the President of the symposium due to the limited space of the venue.

For more information about the International Symposium, please visit http://www.12isss.com/

Financial Fund:

We are in a process of collecting donations for the INS conference. Depending on the amount of the donations, we would like to offer a financial fund for the INS participants.

We will update about the INS conference as more information becomes available. Meanwhile, please feel free to contact us about the INS conference. We welcome any comments or suggestions to make this conference productive and successful.

Best regards,

Sachika Kurihara

Japanese Sjögren's Syndroms Association USA Branch

International Sjögren's Network for the JSSA

Herzliche Grüsse
Brigitta
Das Gestern ist fort,
das Morgen nicht da.
Leb' also heute!

Pythagoras von Samos
Brigitta
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von Brigitta »

Liebe Sjoegren-Betroffene

Nachfolgendes Mail habe ich heute von der Japanischen Sjögren Vereinigung erhalten.

Liebe Grüsse

Brigitta

Dear ISN Members,

This is Sachika from Japanese Sjögren's Syndroms Association. I am writing to inform a couple of issues regarding the ISN meeting, which will be held in Kyoto, Japan on October 10th.

1. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE:

We are going to provide some financial support to those who are willing to attend the International Sjogren's Network Patient's meeting on October 10, 2013 and in need of any financial assistance. We understand that many of the patients associations have low budget and it is expensive to fly to Japan. Although we cannot guarantee at this point (as we don't know how many representatives will need financial support), we would like to provide up to 70,000 yen (about $700 U.S. Dollars) for those in need of financial support.

Please let me know if you would like to have a financial support from us to attend the ISN patients' meeting. Please make sure you let me know how much you would like to receive as financial assistance. As the meeting is approaching, I'd appreciate it if you could contact me as soon as possible.

2. AGENDA OF THE MEETING

The ISN patient's meeting will be held at Shirankaikan Bekkan Hotel, which is located about 1.7km north of Hotel Okura (venue of the Symposium). We will provide a chartered transportation between Shirankaikan Bekkan Hotel and Hotel Okura on the day of the ISN meeting.

We will provide a lunch and drink to all participants around noon, and we can start a meeting as we eat a lunch.

Agenda of the meeting:

- Discussion of the global survey

- A lecture by Dr. Tsubota re: "Current Treatment of Dry Eye"

- A brief explanation of each association's activities, situation, information, etc. (please be prepared to discuss briefly about your patient association).

- Q&A

Please let me know if there is any other topic you would like to address during the meeting. Also, for those associations who cannot attend the meeting this time, please provide me with any information you'd like us to share at the meeting.

The INS meeting is free for all associates and representatives who come from overseas. (We are charging a total of 5,000 yen to each Japanese patient participant).

3. HOTEL

We have informed you about the availability of Shirankaikan Bekkan Hotel for the patient groups. You can find the information at http://www.shirankai.or.jp/e/facilities ... index.html

If you plan to stay at Shirankaikan Bekkan Hotel from October 8th to 11th, please contact us. We have booked several rooms for that period. The cost is 6,800 yen per night (meals not included).

4. SYMPOSIUM

If you plan to participate the 12th Symposium, the Symposium will be held at a different hotel, called Hotel Okura. You can find more information at http://www.12isss.com/

If you have any question or comment, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sachika

Japanese Sjögren's Syndroms Association USA Branch

Antworten